Enrique Iglesias injured during performance

Under hung rigging inspections anyone?

That was my first thought when I saw these used to inspect bridges. In your experience would this be a feasible solution? Not that I would use your opinion to justify buying one for our theatre....:twisted:

I've heard of the idea and think it's been tried at least once - maybe as an experiment. I'm suspicious that the visual only is very useful. I really want to put my hand or a torque wrench on the bolts, and to try and lift the line and see how the block spins. Still, it might have some uses. I was trying to imagine installing a bridle on a beam without having to suit up and walk it. Probably other than I will someday make this work.

Yeah... sure THAT's what you plan to use them for. Sorry @dvsDave, I'm in a particularly :twisted: sort of mood.

No worries, I'll let you know if I get any good footage. I know you have to live vicariously through my exploits! :twisted:

My son sent me this link. Pretty cool.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Weird "Drone" story from the Seattle News...
"A woman was knocked unconscious by a small drone at Seattle's Pride parade on Sunday. Police say she was in the crowd near 4th and Madison when the drone crashed into a nearby building and fell onto the woman. Her boyfriend caught her as she crumpled to the ground. An off-duty firefighter treated the woman and called for police. One of the woman's friends gave officers the drone and handed over pictures of a man who may have been piloting the aircraft. Officers placed the 2-pound drone and photos into evidence and are trying to find other witnesses who may have information about the suspect. The pilot is described as a white man in his 20s with facial hair. He was wearing a baseball cap, sunglasses, and cut-off shorts. He may also have a noticeable tattoo of a woman somewhere on his body."

The pilot is described as a white man in his 20s with facial hair. He was wearing a baseball cap, sunglasses, and cut-off shorts. He may also have a noticeable tattoo of a woman somewhere on his body."

Doesn't this pretty much describe every 20-something hipster in the Seattle area?

Doesn't this pretty much describe every 20-something hipster in the Seattle area?
With the recent expansion of Amazon and others high tech companies locating in the Downtown Seattle core area, there's an influx of young single 20-something hipster computer nerds living in overpriced downtown area. Many of them moving into a nearby traditionally Gay neighborhood, driving up rent rates and completely altering the vibe of the community. They are known locally as "the Bros" and not very popular in that part of town.

With the recent expansion of Amazon and others high tech companies locating in the Downtown Seattle core area, there's an influx of young single 20-something hipster computer nerds living in overpriced downtown area. Many of them moving into a nearby traditionally Gay neighborhood, driving up rent rates and completely altering the vibe of the community. They are known locally as "the Bros" and not very popular in that part of town.

Similar situation down here. I live in Denton, 45 minutes north of Dallas. We are known as "Little Austin". Big music scene due to University of North Texas being right in the center of town, so you'd be hard pressed to find many dudes without beards and black, thick-rimmed glasses.

Well the FAA has come up with some rules, also they call them UAS's.
http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/
In other Flying Thing-a-ma-jig news, lets see, one guy blasted one which was hovering over his property and got into trouble, but here in good ol' Oklahoma one got blasted (at a Senator's shooting party) and the sheriff said no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back