Gift for retiring lighting designer

Don't get them anything theater related.

They're retiring cause they are done with theater. Get him/her something related to their hobby/next career as thanks what they now want to do the rest of their lives.

This Steve agrees with Steve B, get something personal. Won't need anything theatre anymore unless the "retirement" isn't really a retirement. Then again I don't think I'd ever stop, if I were to actually functionally retire I'd still do theatre on the side.

Also if he/she likes Scotch, than that can work as well (only a fine single malt).

Why Scotch, why not Bourbon. Or since this is show biz, how about a really theatrical potable, Goldwasser!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldwasser
If it has to be something related to the retiree, can you snag a copy of the lighting plot for the final performance and have the entire case and crew autograph it, then frame it.

Since you are a single site rather than "just another gig" give him a lifetime ticket, better yet a pair.

My favorite ever retirement gift for my college scene designer was a set rendering by ( I believe ) joe Mielziner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back