Grid Iron Emergency Medical Plans

This might be a really good topic for an ESTA Proactive outreach campaign. IDK how it would be organized, But I think it would be worth reaching out some of the National Fire department Organizations to highlight the importance of being aware of this situation. IDK if I've ever heard of a facility receiving a visit from the FD for a training exercise. I do know that as a former first responder, with a specialty in High Angle Evac, just knowing the challenges you are likely to face is a huge step. Lowering someone who's in a harness as opposed to lowering someone who needs to be back-boarded and in a stokes are two very different animals. My .02

It's both sides though--right? Tell a Scenic design adjunct doubling as a TD trippling as a sound instructor that they're also responsible for Rope access life saving techniques is quite a bit. I think there certainly needs to be a plan, but I'm not sure the immediate/proper answer should be an in-house one, for the same reasons we don't suggest letting in-house people fly performers. I agree that The "What happens if something goes wrong" question to harnesses certainly needs to be much more commonly asked (and answered) in this industry though--harnesses are a step in the process, but the plan can't stop there.
No, it's not both sides. Either the employer trains workers to deal with an initial response, or they don't. Employers that fail to protect their workers deserve the full wrath of surviving family members bearing lawyers trailed by government agencies bearing lawyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back