How to make my light move faster!?!

Whatever the motor's top speed is will limit that. Some lights have a pro-rate on speed so they will be slightly faster or slower depending on how far away the new value is. A greater jump in value will give you more speed than a mild jump.

Ii think there is a pan/tilt speed channel.
If it's the Chauvet Min Spot in 16 bit mode it will be the 5th channel. I don't know if the 8 bit mode has that parameter enabled.

Well - How fast is fast.

If this is the Chauvet Min Spot. My unit does a full tilt in about a second, and a full pan in about two seconds. If that is in the range of what you are seeing you are probably at the limit of speed.

Are you using built in functions in the light to make it move around, or are you using some kind of control?

I am using a USB Interface to control them.
And what are you using to drive the USB interface. What brand of interface are you using. How fast is it now. What fixture are you trying to control ( is it the chauvet unit?)

I'm using a program Called "Das Light". The interface is called Quman SD512 USB-DMX512 Dongle, and the lights are just called mini spots, their not the Chauvet brand.

I their not the Chauvet brand.

That probably doesn't matter. That fixture is made (assembled, really) by many different people. Take a look on ebay and you'll find many similar products. My guess is that in 16-bit mode there is a speed control but it's not evident or maybe even written into the profile for your controller.

Can you tell us the exact model of your lights?

This is as close as I've ever got to having lights in the bedroom...
proxy.php

This is my bedroom rig...granted my bedroom also functions as my warehouse/programming/show space until I can move out. The second tree is partially dismantled for a gig tomorrow.
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back