Is it OK to post....

Interesting - it did display .com while at .net.

The email address rules is inherent limitation of software host provides for building site. We'll look for work around but not high.

We are afraid that we need help moving it from .net to .com and will address that soon. Maybe we launched to soon....

We thought about a blog on projects but I'm sure I'd offend some clients - well, maybe all. Its hard when you've had a hand in designing a hundred or so theaters, seen thousands, and not done much else for over thirty years but talk and sleep theatre design - and someone with no or limited experience thinks they know more.
You're probably right about blogging projects (particularly projects in progress rather than completed). However, you could use a blog format to discuss theater design issues (not referencing specific projects even if the post is inspired by one), code changes, and new technologies; with occasional posts about the company itself (celebrate an major anniversary, new web design, new partnerships, etc.). I'd target post frequency between once a week and once a month. An advantage of a blog over PDFs for content is that others are more likely to link to web pages rather than PDFs and those incoming links help your page rank.

You're probably right about blogging projects (particularly projects in progress rather than completed). However, you could use a blog format to discuss theater design issues (not referencing specific projects even if the post is inspired by one), code changes, and new technologies; with occasional posts about the company itself (celebrate an major anniversary, new web design, new partnerships, etc.). I'd target post frequency between once a week and once a month. An advantage of a blog over PDFs for content is that others are more likely to link to web pages rather than PDFs and those incoming links help your page rank.
With the pdf thing you could have a link to download them but have the text on the page for that topic. Also the site looks great. Also I will see if something happens when I connect (I will run a packet capture when I get back to my computer

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Tapatalk

With the pdf thing you could have a link to download them but have the text on the page for that topic. Also the site looks great. Also I will see if something happens when I connect (I will run a packet capture when I get back to my computer

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Tapatalk
Nothing wrong happened when I traced the packets. Seems Like it is fine

Actually, I would say that it's likely that any project you're working on would provide teachable moments, whether good or bad, and that you could write useful bloggage without having to let on whose project the lesson comes from -- this is a protocol used by a number of my broadcast engineers on a Facebook group.

Actually, I would say that it's likely that any project you're working on would provide teachable moments, whether good or bad, and that you could write useful bloggage without having to let on whose project the lesson comes from -- this is a protocol used by a number of my broadcast engineers on a Facebook group.
Yeah but if I'm working on ten to twenty projects at one time, chances of someone recognizing theirs seems pretty good. But I will consider the suggestion more.

And to be a little clearer -- now that I'm on a fullsized keyboard again :) -- what I'm talking about is "so we had this particular question to answer in the design of this user's space; this was the choice we made, and here's why (and here's why it might not be the best choice for your different space)".

Kind of the Legislative Intent section of the law.

Just out of a meeting or call I'd worry about the F bombs. I just don't think I should post about current things without serious and at length consideration. People who know me and whom I asked all strongly agree.

But thank you. I appreciate your diligence and good intent.

Just out of a meeting or call I'd worry about the F bombs. I just don't think I should post about current things without serious and at length consideration. People who know me and whom I asked all strongly agree.
I certainly understand not wanting to write without some period of reflection. Also, blog posts don't have to be published at the same time they are authored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back