Control/Dimming Jands Vista v2 Questions

remdim

Hi All,

I recently had a small venue room outfitted with (16) Elation Pro Opti Tri Pars and Jands Vista v2 running on a Mac Mini w/ a M1 wing. (2) quick questions:

1) I'm looking for fool-proof color mixing based off the faders. The people that will be using this board are accustomed to Smartfade conventions...I'm hoping to just give them individual RGB etc faders that they can mix on the fly. From what I've experienced so far the Vista system is very much cue based; bringing up a new look/cue/etc fader seems to completely overide any other setting on the light. Is there a setting that could make the faders more 'additive'? I'm also planning on locking out the computer once the the board is set up for the user.

2) The M1 loses connection after periods of inactivity (8+ hours from what I've seen so far). The Mac Mini does not go to sleep, and the only way to get connection back is to physically un-patch the USB line. Is there a further setting I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Download the latest version of software (2.1.9945) as it has a fix for the M1 disconnect problem (at least according to an Email I got from Jands last week).

This from user ROllis on the Jands Vista forum regarding a slightly different setup:

You just need to create a colour-black state in the background.
Create a Cuelist with all RGB fixtures at full intensity & colour-black (RGB=0), Call it "Black" and hit play.
Now create a Cuelist for each of Red, Green & Blue with 0s fade & 0s release, submaster fader and with just the colour recorded.
Open each of the colour Cuelists in turn, open all the sub-classes of the colour mix parameter and delete all RGB parameters with a 0% value. (not forgetting to save)

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your replies; all very helpful. I updated the software and will keep an eye on connectivity. millamber, I checked out the link you posted and found the idea of treating the fixtures as dimmers further down the page. I thought that was interesting and gave it a try; so far so good. Thanks much for sending that along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back