Lightwright killing VW symbols

dwdavedw

I've have an ongoing problem with LW mangling VW symbols - it keeps turning my 6 x 9's into rectangles.
whenever I go to LW and back to VW, it changes all 6 x 9's to rectangles. I checked, and LW shows the symbol
name is same as VW name. How do I fix this?

Are you sure the symbol name is the same and present ?, you check this by enabling Symbol as a column in LW. I'd also check to make sure the UID/EID is present and the same as the symbol in VW. Possibly symbol name is not being exchanged ?.

As well, if the LW instrument name is different then what's being imported from VW and you "fix" it in LW, LW can drop the VW symbol name, causing the problem.

The symbol is same in VW and LW: Alt6 x 9, and the instrument type is same in both: Alt 360Q 6x9. I think at some point I tried deleting the symbol from VW and importing a new one, and
the problem persisted.

I would be saving the LW file, then open a blank LW and import a new file from VW to LW, then check to see if the problem persists when you edit in LW. If not, then merge any data into the new LW file from the old LW file as a Merge Show Data.

I've run into the same problem. sometime VW has a space after the symbol name that LW gets rid of. The easiest way to solve this problem is to drop a new fixture into VW go into the object info, then copy the symbol name. Then go into LW Maintenance>Instrument type Then on the top of the pop up window click the vectorworks tab. In that tab find the 6x9 fixture then paste the symbol type in the default symbol column. hit enter them close the window. then go back into VW and select all fixture the refresh fixtures under the spotlight menu and this should solve your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back