Conventional Fixtures Micro Ghost Lights

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
I was tasked with inventing a Micro Ghost light for a 20+ year friend of mine in the touring industry Ken Burns, JR' as he was called. It will sit atop his road box which has been re-purposed as he would wish. I have a lot of experience with making full scale ghost lights. I also have a good deal of experience in doing fixtures with normal lamp parts such as from https://grandbrasscom/ or others. 1/6 scale would be say candelabra sized IP lamp and mostly 1/8 IP parts sleeving into say 3/8" IP parts for a start. Base is easy in doing say 3/8 IP for starting concept, as with the various adaptor fittings.e top part of such a thing as with actual LED lamp used. A C-7 led lamp would probably scale, but cage about it... Something already inventetd to fitter to a 3/8" OD lamp part shaft? This cage similar to a ghost light cage about the lamp the challenge.

Thoughts? Or should I just braise or have welding shop invent? Something in a cage for ghost lights for our fallen friends a concept to do in the rest simple but appropriate in not getting too simple.

This caged lamp atop a ghost ight... I know they didn't always have one, but the standard is one. Cage above a Candlebrella screw lamp similar to that on most ghost lights... looking for something that will fit on a 3/8" shaft. Ideas?

That would print up clean on a desktop resin printer.

I'm for the moment keeping looking with time on doing so - touring season/very busy.
Something in mind I have seen to the extent of a wine cork twisted wire thing to remove concept of something pre-done in shape and size... Something I have seen in the past in remembering in scale pre-made that will work. Kind of like a form of doll house candleabra chandeleer fixture using a Craftsman style fixture without the glass lenses framed by it. Gestrating on this part of an otherwise easy scale design with no rush for either the Ruban family (one sent to tba also) or the JR road case now used in the shop.

See making a brazed cage for the lamp I think important, would make this custom. My goal is to make more shelf available gear so anybody can make such a terrible thing to make - mini-ghost light in the future easier. This in detailing the parts and how to.

Last edited:
There are various strainer parts that go in this direction, but I haven't seen anything standard that I think would be appropriate.

I agree that a 3d printed part is probably the best bet here, and there are enough 3d part marketplaces these days that I don't think that a custom part like that would be a challenge to get for anyone interested in putting one together.

As with my department and years ago gun crew, if an overwhelming part has an idea not mine, we go with that. Design away something to mount to 1/8 IP tubing under the lamp socket and in scale appropriate for say a C-7 Candlebrella LED lamp.

Below this section of stock 1/8" IP pipe feeding the E-12 lamp socket, I'll get to work on how to do the adjustable stand, base etc. Though in group project... limited challenge to sleeving tubing, or stays for them. The concept of the base. Thanks all above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back