Replacement Makeup Room Lights

Although the incandescent has better color rendering than the other two choices I find that the color temp is way redder than what we see in stage lights now. Your average 60w bulb has a color temp around 2600-2700 K while our stage lamps run at 3200K (when full). I work at a state college and a few years ago our bulbs were switched to nasty CFL's, the ones with a nasty blue color. No discussion was ever had with us about the matter, just happened over the summer. After calming down our make-up instructor I managed to get maintenance to relent and switch half to warm white. The resulting color was okay and the temperature in the make-up room is about 20 degrees cooler. Since the. I have gone back and installed a pair of incandescents on each mirror, about eye eleven, one on each side. That seems to be a solution that worked for everyone. Well, at least no one has come to me to bitch about it.

Although the incandescent has better color rendering than the other two choices I find that the color temp is way redder than what we see in stage lights now. Your average 60w bulb has a color temp around 2600-2700 K while our stage lamps run at 3200K (when full). I work at a state college and a few years ago our bulbs were switched to nasty CFL's, the ones with a nasty blue color. No discussion was ever had with us about the matter, just happened over the summer. After calming down our make-up instructor I managed to get maintenance to relent and switch half to warm white. The resulting color was okay and the temperature in the make-up room is about 20 degrees cooler. Since the. I have gone back and installed a pair of incandescents on each mirror, about eye eleven, one on each side. That seems to be a solution that worked for everyone. Well, at least no one has come to me to bitch about it.
This sounds like a clever solution - mixing different CFLs in a strip to get a better aggregate color rendering. I bet it looks rather attrocious; but if it works, it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back