Safety Rails on Loading Gallerys

Do you have a railing on your loading gallery?

• Total voters
I am so down with carpet on lighting cats, but I've also seen some bad choices. Those cats that are really crawlspaces that but up against gaps in the ceiling are where I've seen most of my burn issues. Then again, any space where the crew assigned must be chosen by the "who can fit here" method should be torn to the ground.
Fair enough. I start with wide - at least 42" and up yo 5 or 6' - and minimum 6'8" clear - also required by OSHA. Crawl walks are unaccrptable IMHO.

I have a solid railing on my loading bridge, but that isn't really my issue. We also have a kick plate, about 12" high on the arbor side. To make things even more interesting, I have 6' and 8' arbors. The 6 footers are level with the bridge and the 8 footers are, well, 2' below the bridge. Now try working around the tall ass kick plate. Oh, and the arbors are a good 12" or so (not really sure on measurement) from the edge. Best bet is now we have the weights stacked on the arbor side and now sit on weights and dangle legs over edge to reach the arbors. The railing is just over head high when in that position. The 8' ones... well.. those are a PITA. I do have a harness that can tie off behind the user. All in all it's not fun. I like the solid bar, just gives an added sense of security when loading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back