Searching to replace Robe ColorMix 575AT

theatre4jc

I have 2 Robe ColorMix 575AT that keep blowing fuses and having random issues. Out of the 50 automated fixtures I have, these 2 are the only ones that are consistently breaking. I'm tired of it and want to look into replacing them. Throw distance is roughly 15' but depending on how the trussing is arranged it can sometimes be as much as 25'. So a zoom is needed and a beam shaper is helpful. I don't want to spend the money on an actual moving head because these just light up walls and nothing else. Since no one really makes these type of fixtures anymore I'm left trying to figure out if there is an LED out there that can do beam shaping, and zoom. I've got some cheap Chauvet SlimPar Pro RGBA fixtures that I'm going to use as a test with some Cyc Gel Roscoe [HASHTAG]#160[/HASHTAG] to see if I can spread the beam out to take away the need for beam shaping, which would make the decision much easier. However it still has to put out the same as the bad optics on this 575W fixture. Anybody know anything that may work for meeting this need?

Elation has the Arena Par Zoom LED fixture which may be bright enough. Martin offers the Rush Par Zoom which won't be as bright but will be less expensive. Blizzard offers the Puck Pro Zoom which will be even less expensive. Talk to your local dealer about getting a demo of these, or any other fixtures they may recommend, in your space to see which will work best for your application.

Best,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back