source for good flicker bulbs

BruceP

Hi all,

I need to rig a couple kerosene lamps with flicker bulbs for use in an upcoming production. I have a couple flicker candles but I don't want to tear them apart just to use the bulbs in the lamps. Can anybody recommend a source of good quality flicker bulbs that will run off a 9 volt battery or something similar?

Thanks,

-Bruce

I believe that City Theatrical Inc. makes their flicker lamps separate from the candles. In that I believe you can buy just the lamp and controller board so that you can build it into whatever you want and then hook up a battery. So you might give you local City Theatrical dealer a call. (most, not all, theatre suppliers are CTI dealers these days)

Not for nuthin', but when I was born a coal miner's daughter ("...and read the Bible by the coal-oil light..."), kerosene lamps didn't flicker.

proxy.php

Kerosene lamp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm with derek....Though I must say that the lamp above is perhaps a bit more pristine than some lamps after rigorous usage....you might see if you can't get a soot like effect up the flute for that unwashed, not well manned look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back