Updated Hazer/ Fogger Recommendations

blueeyesdesigns

Heya, Long-time lurker, first-time poster, here.

One of the venues I work with has finally gotten a substantial budget for equipment upgrades and one of the key things we want to look upgrading is our atmospheric effects. I've looked around the forum and gotten some ideas, but some of the posts are old and I know new stuff has come out since then!

We have enough budget to get dedicated hazer and fogger units, but would like a fogger that can also be adapted to do low-hanging fog.

Right now I'm looking at either a DF-50 or an Ultratec (LeMaitre) Radiance for the haze. I know and love the DF-50, but I also know it's noisy as all get out.

For fog, I have less specific ideas as the field is HUGE and relatively new to me. I've seen the Martin Magnum 2000 recommended, but it doesn't look like it has a low-fog option? Also looking at the Ultratec G3000. I've heard of Rosco's machines, but I've honestly never heard much them beyond that. (Also, we're looking to avoid compressed-gas.)

They would be moving between a 650 proscenium stage and a 150 seat blackbox and a wide variety of shows/concerts/events. Sound levels are a BIG concern, as well as durability. They probably won't be cleaned/serviced as often as they should :\ (Student crews...)

Those with my experience and wisdom than I, what do you recommend? We're hoping to place the order soon...

I second the radiance, I love the thing. The DF-50 is a nice until but as you said it can be loud and its also a on/off unit meaning that you plug it in and its on no options, While the Radiance is very much user preference. You can set both Haze output level and also fan speed with either the on board controls or via the DMX to the board this gives you very much control but you can also always leave the onboard controls set so you just give it power at you have haze if you will inexperience people needing to use the haze also if you use the DMX you can just set a Sub-Master and just run it up and you got haze.

As far as foggers I know you can get a unit that is both a fogger and a "Low Hang" (it will not be exactly the same as dry ice if that is the effect you are going for) but I am not sure of what units do this. Far as foggers go I like the F-100 I think by High End. This unit produces a very thick fog in short or long bursts.

... Far as foggers go I like the F-100 I think by High End. This unit produces a very thick fog in short or long bursts.
It might be noted that the F-100 has been discontinued. Its replacement is the FQ-100™.
FQ-100Sidebar.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back