03D and studio manager

RFeren

It's my understanding that Yamaha's studio manager software probably won't work with the O3D console... or will it, if there is a library available for it? Is there any other way to bulk dump the settings so they can be later transferred to another O3D?

I know it's a very old board, but I'm working on a low-budget production this fall and one has been provided to the production (which is preferable to using the venue's analog board). Then in the spring it will be remounted and they've lined up another O3D because this one won't be available then, and I'd love to be able to save and transfer my scene presets, effect patches etc.

Or will I have to bite the bullet and just write everything down?

Ya the 03D predates the studio manager compatible desks. The only way to do make it happen is via MIDI dump.

~Dave

Technically this is not correct, If you can find a copy of
a product called O3d visualizer, then via the serial connection on the O3d you can manage and save and restore. They made a versioin for the 03d and also the 02r Studio Manager sort of came out of this idea

Visualizer 03D - MIDI Classics

there is a demo here and the documentation

http://www.c-mexx.com/english/5-downloads.htm

BTW if you have an old serial mouse, you can use it to access the 03d screens instead of the wheel

Sharyn

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'll probably end up just noting the settings on paper, it won't be too onerous (I hope), just wanted to find out if a shortcut was available.

Thanks for pointing out the visualizer software, Sharyn. Unfortunately for me, it seems to be windows-only so wouldn't work in my case.

if you have access to midi better to use that, getting down all the eq settings and dynamics and effects can be a pain. If it is just the levels and routing that is one thing.

Sharyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back