12-3 beige AC

B Man

I'm looking for a spool of beige 12-3 AC cable to make various lengths of jumpers for a blond wood stage.

Beige Edison connectors would be badass too if they're out there.

Any recommendations on suppliers?

Thanks to you all!

I think I would go with white cable, it'll still blend in pretty well, but stand out enough that it doesn't create even more of a tripping hazzard than normal.

Keep in mind, cable should be type S, SO or ST which I do not think is available in much other than black.

If you are taping it down anyway, just get some beige gaff tape or cover with beige carpet. I've seen yellow and orange SOOW, and I'm sure you can get beige in a big enough order. Not sure if anyone stocks it.

If you're really desperate, you may have the most luck taking large diameter beige heat shrink and applying it to the length of your cables. I would be pretty surprised if you could find beige SO-type cable. Depending on the application, you may have just as much luck using the appropriate color carpets or cable low-profile cable ramps for covering the most sightly of your cables.

However you end up solving this, I'd recommend you not totally conceal your cables or cable coverings. They should retain enough contrast in color from your stage floor that people walking on stage are not going to trip over them because they're so well hidden (which doesn't take much to do in dim light situations or when the people on stage are have bright, distracting lights pointed at them and aren't always watching where they walk).

Last edited:
If you're really desperate, you may have the most luck taking large diameter beige heat shrink and applying it to the length of your cables.

Not at all suggested. This could cause your cables to not cool properly and could cause a fire. Don't do this.

Not at all suggested. This could cause your cables to not cool properly and could cause a fire. Don't do this.

Excellent point, that in hindsight is obvious.

However you end up solving this, I'd recommend you not totally conceal your cables or cable coverings. They should retain enough contrast in color from your stage floor that people walking on stage are not going to trip over them because they're so well hidden (which doesn't take much to do in dim light situations or when the people on stage are have bright, distracting lights pointed at them and aren't always watching where they walk).
How would what he's suggesting differ from what we all do regularly, which is taping down a black cable on a black stage with black tape?

What about cable suppliers? Does anyone have a resource to divulge? Thanks Jay, for your recommendation.

Also, what about good looking stringers for music stands lights where there is a tap every 3 feet or so?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I use Ed Parker from Century Wire and Cable Home - Century Wire & Cable I don't know about beige but they have a lot of other colors. And in the past I've gotten free imprinting. Cable ends will be molded (if you want) and the ones I bought were cheaper than what I could have made them for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back