24/48 express system setup help

Hello There,
I grew up professionally on the express line of consoles. I know them pretty well.
Recently, my boss purchased a used console for a back-up. I typically run the console in single scene w/ subs mode. I configure the dimmer count and set the channel count at 96. This console will not allow me to increase my channel count past 48. The Express 125 & 250 will not allow a channel increase but the 24/48 should accomodate 96 channels, 48/96 - 172 channels, and 96/144 - 288 channels. Why can't I increase the channel count? Any thoughts? Thank- you very much. Mike

The 48/94 has a maximum of 192 channels (96 * 2).

You configure the number of output channels in the Setup screen (working off of memory, option 1 - System Settings, and it's the first or second option listed, alongside dimmer count.)

You may need to increase the dimmer count, since (again, off of memory) the Express line more or less allocates one channel per dimmer. So if you only have it set to 48 dimmers, it only allows 48 channels -- but my memory may be faulty.

I don't think the board set-up (single scene v. two-scene preset) should make a difference, but perhaps try switching it to another setting.

Thank you for trying and catching my type "o". In the system set-up dimmer count is #1 which is set at 512. #2 is channel count which is currently set @ 48 and will not allow an increase. Very odd. I have never scene this particular problem. Anyway, thanks again Mike

Which software version ?.

The additional channels might have come with a SW update, it's been a while though.

I think Steve has it right.... the increased channel count was done thru a software update. Your best bet is to get the software version off the startup screen and the serial number of the console and give ETC a call. I'm sure they will figure it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back