$40 At Barns & Noble

Edrick

Premium Member
Well I have $40 in gift cards to spend at barns and noble. Does anyone have recommendations for a book that I can obtain to teach me more about either power distribution (genny, camlock, big rigs) type stuff or in general lighting for events / concerts. If all else fails a general lighting book to further my knowledge?

Just browsed through those the problem seems to be the ones that I know will cover what I'm looking into like the commercial ones and such have a price tag way out of what I'm looking for. The other ones I'm not so sure about I'll continue browsing those books and see what I can find =). While I do that does anyone have any specific recommendations?

Something that has actual diagrams, pictures, and the such of distribution systems wether it's commercial, show touring, theater, film, etc...

The two that immediately come to mind that meet your criteria are:
Set Lighting Technician's Handbook, by Harry C. Box
Concert Lighting--Techniques, Art, and Business, by James L. Moody.

I know of no book that does a good job explaining power distribution for entertainment systems. Box's book probably comes closest, but concentrates on film/video.

Electricity for the Entertainment Electrician and Technician by Richard Cadena.

Thankyou much exactly what I was looking for 4.00 over my budget with shipping however I'll scrounge up 4.00 to get it. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back