48-ch. Matrix 3

kmkonline

I am now designing a 48in/16out channel mixer (matrix 3 system) with wild track. Its also needs to have connectivity with the cobranet.

First question for me would be if I use cobranet to connect mic pre-amp to cobranet, is it possible to control the pre-amp from any supplier within cue station?

Then I would like to use cobranet to link up the matrix 3 with the current Yamaha DME Network with two DME64N linked up together.

I have another idea is that I use a Digideisgn venue profile mix rack connect to a matrix 3 system for playback only?

Thanks for yours suggestion first.

Best Wishes,
KMK

I am now designing a 48in/16out channel mixer (matrix 3 system) with wild track. Its also needs to have connectivity with the cobranet.
What connectivity? I believe that the Matrix 3 can support a single CobraNet 20bit/48kHz link.

First question for me would be if I use cobranet to connect mic pre-amp to cobranet, is it possible to control the pre-amp from any supplier within cue station?
Have you talked to Meyer? I doubt you can control a preamp via CobraNet and I believe the Matrix3 is intended primarily to receive commands, but maybe if their is a preamp that both accepts MIDI control and has a CobraNet ouput, although it would still be two separate connections for audio and control. Remote preamp control is a problem for most 'digital snake' or networked audio based systems.

Then I would like to use cobranet to link up the matrix 3 with the current Yamaha DME Network with two DME64N linked up together.
Without knowing the existing network or what is involved, it is diffcult to comment on how it could integrate.

I have another idea is that I use a Digideisgn venue profile mix rack connect to a matrix 3 system for playback only?
Connected how? To do what? You could connect the Matrix3 and the Venue mix rack via analog or AES3 audio, but I'm not sure that is what you are looking for.

You should be able to control pre-amps via sysex commands over TCP/IP. Hop over to the LCS Forums... those guys know their stuff over there and will surely have an answer for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back