Control/Dimming A Few MA2 questions

express

Hi All!

I have a few quick questions.

One-Tap Sync? I looked through the manual and didn't see anything.. I know how to do it on a hog, but that doesnt help me a ton here;)

Two-Setting color presets to be used across fixture types. Yes, it's set to universal, but so that the same preset can get used on say a VLX or 301 ( LED's) and on a Mac 700 or VL 440(Discharge)?

Thanks,

Ben

So this may be easy or hard all depending, are you using MA2 on PC or do you actually have the console in front of you? Either way the MA manual isn't that help full in general, if you want to really get a good grasp on the console I would look at the various youtube videos on the ACT Lighting website, ACT Lighting | Training. They go through a lot of good videos on there for the series 1 and 2. Now as far as looking at tap sync Im assuming you looking to time code events? I personally have never done that before on a series 1 or 2 but I would look at the directions on this link to get an idea, it shows the steps in the sersies 1 console, grandMA: Using Timecode. A lot of friends of mine have told me its pretty easy to use on the MA I have just never been in a situation where I have used it before. For your presets you are correct on setting them to the specific mode, universal, global or selective. The idea in this though is as long as fixtures have the same type of attributes for color mixing, pan/tilt, beam etc as long as you set it to universal it can be used on another fixture. So say a fixtures that uses LED's to do a color mix like a 301 or Mac aura will be able to use that same preset. Same thing with a fixture like the Mac 700 or Mac 2000 that use color flags to mix, that preset can be used on both and same with a VL 2500 or 3500 because they have the same color disk mixing mechanism. So if the fixture doesn't have the same mean's of doing that attribute it will not work across all fixtures as LED's and color disks mix color in different ways. Same thing could be said with a pan/tilt preset with a cyber which uses a moving mirror as oppose to a moving head fixture. Hope this helps and check out all those videos they are really really help full, you'll discover that the MA is a really easy console to get into the swing of things with and very efficient.

Yes, GrandMA2 is capable of that. Keyword you are looking for is Learn and can be assigned to any of the three bump buttons. Another option is to link an effect to a speed master and set the BPM with fader or by tapping the Learn button. That way you can sync multiple effects at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back