Vintage Lighting A source for Research

JChenault

Recently I was trying to get some dates for some of the Kliegl memory consoles. I contacted Joel Rubin ( who cleared up the question ) and he mentioned that he had deposited an 'annotated list of Kliegl materials " at the Theatre Library at Ohio State University.

I contacted Nena Couch at the library to see if the collection was available. After receiving her reply, I asked for ( and received) permission to post her e-mail address here so that the library could become a resource for anyone wanting to do research.

Here is the email that contains her address. I think this may be a valuable resource for those of us wanting to understand the history of Kliegl or other vendors.

Dear John,

Thanks for your email. Joel's collection is not yet searchable online, but I am in the process of hiring someone to create the finding aid so that it will be. The collection is mostly early documentation of the company and wonderful, so we are looking at linking images to the finding aid as well. I will let you know when we go live. In the meantime, if there is anything I can answer from the collection, please feel free to contact me.

Nena Couch

Nena Couch
Curator and Professor
The Jerome Lawrence and Robert E. Lee Theatre Research Institute
The Ohio State University
119 Thompson Library
1858 Neil Avenue Mall
Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-6614, phone; 614-688-8417, fax
[email protected]

And another place for Kliegl information is
Kliegl Bros. Universal Electric Stage Lighting Company
Look through the Catalog links . . .

Interesting and thanks in hopefully filling in some of the holes that the I think abandoned Kliegl website has left for that company in holes for doccumentation. Also no doubt a good interview with permission from him that most of us would be interested in reading about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back