ac extension cords

I'm not sure if a boxing ring is subject to article 520 of the NEC or not. It would be worth the effort to find out. You may have different restrictions and exceptions to the code if it's covered by a different article.

Does anyone know off hand which NEC article would cover a boxing ring? Does the presence of an audience make it a stage?

This is the reason you are no longer seeing new manufactured two-fers with a male 2P&G connector feeding 2 females (usually - there's a Lex 100 amp 2P&G two-fer that uses the male connector, go figure)

At 60 and 100 amp, the code allows for the use of individual single wire conductors. Not so for 20 amp. I doubt two actual SOOW cables in those gauges would fit but the individual conductors do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 60 and 100 amp, the code allows for the use of individual single wire conductors. Not so for 20 amp. I doubt two actual SOOW cables in those gauges would fit but the individual conductors do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But does the UL listing on the connector allow this ?

I'm not sure if a boxing ring is subject to article 520 of the NEC or not. It would be worth the effort to find out. You may have different restrictions and exceptions to the code if it's covered by a different article.

Does anyone know off hand which NEC article would cover a boxing ring? Does the presence of an audience make it a stage?

The line between 518 & 520 is pretty fuzzy. Church stages can switch depending on who is up there. I would lean toward meeting both, just to be sure. My first questions would be to the AHJ, their opinion has the force of law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back