Automated Fixtures Adding LED movers

Peter West

I'm looking for recommendations for adding LED profile movers to a mostly-LED rig in a 380-seat theatre. We have ETC Lustr2s and ColorSource PARS with Ion control. Our productions range from busked music concerts to musical theatre. In this context we would like zoom (approx 12-deg->36-deg) capability, RGB or CMY color mixing and quiet fans. These would be used both as FOH truss specials or upstage truss backlight wash or gobos. Unfortunately the budget doesn't allow top tier fixtures from Martin, VL or Robe. The current candidate that fills the wish list is Elation's Satura Spot - either RGB or CMY. Would you share your experience with this unit or equivalents from reputable manufacturers?

I would take a serious look at the new Chauvet Maverick MK1 spot or its bigger brother the Maverick MK2 spot. I've done an in depth demo of the Satura CMY (the brighter of the two Saturas) and I much prefer the Mavericks. @Pie4Weebl and I have 8 of the MK2 Spots in rental inventory. He just had them out on a month long tour and they were on another tour last year, no issues. And when I've needed it (very infrequently) Chauvet support is a whole lot better than it used to be years ago, very easy to get support and parts.

@Ford or @Michael Graham can give you any specific details you need to know - Chauvet does have good high level representation on ControlBooth!

Last edited:
Just let us know what kind of support
You need and we are here for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back