Am I doing this right?

I work for a halloween attraction and I have been doing sound a certain way for a while now; however I feel that there is a more efficient way of doing it.

Basically, I have sound running off of a computer (which has effects cued into it to output certain sounds) then the computer connects to a CD player via computer headphone jack --> RCA cables which then the CD player goes to speakers via speakerwire. Is there a better way to do this? Even in scenes where I dont have cued effects I would like to get the sound off of plain CDs so I'm thinking about possibly some soft of zoning with all sounds playing from a master somewhere... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Get the CDs and all the sounds onto the computer and get a sound card that can output what you need and cut out the CD player in the middle

Via tapatalk

How many zones do you have? Will each zone NEED to operate independently? What is your budget?

Rip the CD's into the computer (I use CDEX) first and then treat them like you do your other sounds. There are several software packages that allow you to play the sounds cue by cue. Mine among them, but there are others. I usually go with mp3 compression at 192KB and they turn out fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back