Ancient ETC insight 2

I've got an old ETC Microvision that I use in our blackbox space. Sometimes it's the primary board, sometimes I use it as a secondary board just to handle our LED units.

It's crazy, but it works.

<edit: From the serial number pic, looks like it had a manufacture date of October 1990>
9318-ancient-etc-insight-2-etc-microvision1.jpg

9319-ancient-etc-insight-2-etc-microvision-2.jpg

Attachments

• etc microvision1.jpg
    etc microvision1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 412
  • etc microvision 2.jpg
    etc microvision 2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the Expression 1 at my friend's theatre was made in '89, but I can't say for sure. I also just rented a microvision FX to someone for a gig last week. Last minute gig and everything else in the shop was out. Actually still use that console pretty frequently, its like an Express lite. Does most things the express does, but is way tiny.

I'm going to go with the first console that Fred made for Disney Parks, for the opening of Epcot. I seem to remember seeing it at LDI or at the factory in a display case. I cant for the life of me remember what the console was called.

Unless someone is still using a Concept as their console...

Last edited:
I forgot all about the contest!

2nd Runner up: Blake.

1st Runner-up: sk8rsdad

Winner: TDN.

The three of you PM me your snail mail address.

...Recently our old honky monitor for it refused to turn on, lucklly i remebered the key strokes to load the correct softpatch from the disk.
Any thoughts on who could take a look at the monitor, find a replacement, or alternative in the NY, north NJ area.
Lite-Trol (not far from you), and/or see the thread http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/lighting-electrics/10995-etc-microvision-monitor-help-please.html .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back