Control/Dimming Trouble with Non Responsive Lighting Control

AVPNW

Hello all,

I am having trouble sorting out the cause of a failure in my lighting rig. I am new to this venue and have limited documentation on the infrastructure. We have had problems with a single Leprecon DMX Pack with power distribution from an ETC Sensor + to power non-LED instruments. Most of the grid is functioning as designed, but we have had consistent issues with a series of channels not responding when sending DMX signals from the ETC ION board. The dimmer rack is reading everything else, and its only error message is for DMX port A (this system is set up on port B), and none of the dimmer breakers are flipped. Despite the Leprecon DMX pack receiving a DMX signal, the lights on that pack are non-responsive. When I first arrived at the space the DMX pack was functional, and we lost the instruments all at once. I have gone through troubleshooting and have narrowed down the potential issues to the Sensor + rack or a failure in the DMX pack. Any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Some typical questions.

Are these R20 modules in the Sensor rack? Are all DMX signals terminated? It sounds like something going on in the Leprecon pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back