Anybody tried installing M-PC lately?

Jay Ashworth

I did, last ... Thursday, I think, and it failed repeatably. In a way that other people also reported in their fora.

As their own website's "Hey, check it out" post suggests, I mailed a note and logs to [email protected], last Friday.

I know that it's free for low-universe counts, but is a week long enough to wait for a reply before asking elsewhere? :)

I did, last ... Thursday, I think, and it failed repeatably. In a way that other people also reported in their fora.

As their own website's "Hey, check it out" post suggests, I mailed a note and logs to [email protected], last Friday.

I know that it's free for low-universe counts, but is a week long enough to wait for a reply before asking elsewhere? :)

I am the product manager at Martin. Forward me the email you sent to the support address and I will look into it. I can also help you with your concern. We don't value free users any different than paid users. I am sure we can sort you out!
[email protected]

Forwarded just now; 2 emails from the 18th (which, in fairness, was a Saturday); one with logs attached, and thanks.

For what it's worth, the Lenovo M90z I bought to run this on, turned out *not* to have a touchscreen, so I'm gonna have to either return it or fence it off locally, and find another one with. So the matter is slightly less pressing to me -- I'm still going to try to get it installing on my *other* lenovo, my main Win7 laptop.

Apparently, incoming mail to controllersupport has been disappearing into the void; Matthias is looking into it, and thanks to him.

And he beamed into my machine yesterday, and we figured it out -- embarassingly enough, the solution turned out to be "disable Microsoft Security Essentials realtime while installing", something I should have thought to do myself.

He also started the installer as Administrator -- when I did it, I got two different sets of results if I did that or did not, but neither completed.

Note, too, that if you're old, and you've got a small, hi-res display, you're probably gonna have problems; it's not happy with text scales larger than 100%.

Now to go learn how to use it!

Note, too, that if you're old, and you've got a small, hi-res display, you're probably gonna have problems; it's not happy with text scales larger than 100%.

There's a way around that, too. You have to navigate the to the actual executable, open up it properties and "disable display scaling on high DPI settings." It is should be in the Comptability tab of properties. I will confirm when I get home to my hi-res Win 10 Dell Inspiron laptop.

I've had to do this on several programs including Sony Vegas, Adobe Light Room, & Behringer X32 Edit. I haven't reinstalled Chamsys yet to see if I need to do the same there.

Once you do this, your eyes will thank you.

************EDIT***************
Confirmed. Right click on the executable. Go to Properties. Open the Compatibility tab. Diasble display scaling.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back