Anyone know this fixture?

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
"Kid Rock performs "God Bless Saturday"" by Kid Rock | Show Clip | VH1.com
Looks like two inline LED moles with a strobe in the middle.
fixture.jpg
Maybe a new version of Wybron, Inc. - Litepod™ ?

Those are impressive - I thought they might be in-line halogens until they went blue. Then I realized that they were LEDs. Litepod II anyone? I wonder if it could be something new from PRG.

Interesting. I know Kid Rock is currently on tour and am fairly sure the tour is not using this. I know Jarag lights are popular on tours these days but I have never seen this variant if it is or know if the tour is using any of that brand - don't think so though.

Hmm, other than if individual control of the audience blinders, I remember four light audience blinders with strobe lights between them as kind of ancient (at least five year old) pod technology. Granted they were using PAR 36 DWE lamps and normally two circuit non-dim on the blinders but could be hooked to a dimmer and easily become four circuit. The Jarag uses smaller PAR 30 230v Hi-Spot 95 lamps at 75w each which are a bit smaller and has one DMX controlled dimmer per lamp. That fixture I know is popular and possibly similar. Could be something from that brand but again I don't think the tour is using it.

Interesting have to look into the Wybron.

Dependant on the size of the strobe light, thinking could be either PAR 36 or PAR 30 in size if it helps, or were they an assembled unit as done years ago and not that complex to do were they PAR 36.

Could very well be some LED fixture of course but the technology is also already out there for doing it.

Last edited:
I could almost swear it was Upstaging that built or had fixtures like this on tour in the past, but with the DWE lamps instead of LED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back