Aquafogger 3300 questions

Sony

So, I've searched and haven't really found the answers I'm looking for, and the manual is really vague so I am looking for answers from people who have used this unit before.

I've used the PeaSouper Dry Ice fogger before on a small stage and it worked great. Now I'm using the same effect on a big stage so I have gone and got an Aquafogger 3300 this time.

My questions are as follows:

First, the manual says that 50lbs of dry ice will last for about 10 minutes using the 3300. However the 3300 has many settings, so do they mean 10 minutes at full boar 160 degrees F, gate closed all the way and fan running full blast? Or do they mean the complete opposite of 10 minutes at minimal setting with the gate all the way open and temp only 100 degrees?

Second, The manual states that the fan and pump on the 3300 can be controlled by certain dimmers. Can ETC Sensor dimmers control the fan and pump on a 3300?

Third, how much ducting can the 3300 comfortably push through without reducing output too much? I am trying to pipe the fog about 3ft up above the top of the fogger and about 15 to 25ft on stage from the wing to a second stage level to create a fog curtain effect billowing down the front of the set.

I'm looking for real world experience here guys!

Thanks!
Trev

10-12 minutes at full blast is about right. A lot of it depends on how it's broken up though, pellets won't last as long as bigger chunks of broken up blocks, but you'll get a heavier fog from the pellets while they last. I've had them plugged into CD-80 racks several times with no problems, and seen lots of tours come through and plug them into their sensor racks. The distances your talking about should be fine, but I wouldn't want to go any further than that.

Good Morning techieman

I've used the 4" insulated hose with dry ice fog with good luck at 25'

Last time I used them we had two, both used 40# of pellets, water as hot as it could get, and gate all the way up. The effect lasted about 4 minutes. At that point the ice was gone. Something to keep in mind, these things tend to act rather violent when ran at full boar. Its not a bad idea to have a person on both sides of stage that can baby sit it... and clean up the water after it runs. I used 20' of ducting and it was fine. Keep in mind though, to get a good effect on a full stage you really need two of them. It is kind of like running a DF50, one will work, 2 always looks better. Also, pay attention to all the circuiting you need for them... they are not making that up. It also takes several hours for the water to heat up to operating temperature, so be prepared for that.

Excellent, thanks, I only have one fogger...but I'm not trying to fill the whole stage, just create a fog curtain off the front of a 25' wide section of scaffolding. Most of the show it will be used on a low setting just lightly as a gentle effect at 2 or three key points. However for the final finale I want it to go all out to burn off all of the ice and create a really awesome waterfall (fogfall?) I am aware of the circuiting requirements and each heater is plugged into a separate 20 amp circuit with a separate 12ga edison jumper. I am also aware of the length of time required to heat the water to operating temp. It would be something that would be turned on early in the morning and allowed to heat until the end of the night.

I'm glad to hear the Aquafogger is plenty powerful, I was worried after my experience with the PeaSouper that it wouldn't be enough.

Excellent, thanks, I only have one fogger...but I'm not trying to fill the whole stage, just create a fog curtain off the front of a 25' wide section of scaffolding. Most of the show it will be used on a low setting just lightly as a gentle effect at 2 or three key points. However for the final finale I want it to go all out to burn off all of the ice and create a really awesome waterfall (fogfall?) I am aware of the circuiting requirements and each heater is plugged into a separate 20 amp circuit with a separate 12ga edison jumper. I am also aware of the length of time required to heat the water to operating temp. It would be something that would be turned on early in the morning and allowed to heat until the end of the night.

I'm glad to hear the Aquafogger is plenty powerful, I was worried after my experience with the PeaSouper that it wouldn't be enough.

I would dump the ice in separate batches for each effect. It gets rather hot in the basket, you have the chance of losing a decent of ice in between effects.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I would dump the ice in separate batches for each effect. It gets rather hot in the basket, you have the chance of losing a decent of ice in between effects.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I'll do that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back