Back in the business, what is going on in the lighting world now ?

McCready00

Hello all,

I am kind of back in the business and I was wondering where we were now in the industry...sss

What is/are the fixtures most wanted those days ?

New protocols around or are Artnet/Sacn still the most used ?

GrandMA is still the top desk ?

... Just wanted your feedback about it !

thanks

MA3 came out 2 years ago
Sharpy's are old news
Profile LED's are the workhorses, all the major manufacturers are making them.

Oh great, and how are going Profile LEDs ? Any compagnies doing well ? I will check it out.. it's about time.. good news.

Not surprise Sharpys are around that much.. it will take something very special to go over it.

What are biggest compagnie now ? Solotech ? PRG ? new important names in the market ?

I've heard that arcs are even being replaced by newer sources!
Newer?

couldn't resist... 🙄 companies who use such generic names.

I've heard that arcs are even being replaced by newer sources!

They can use arc lights when they pry the carbide lamps from my cold, dead hands...

I'm not in the pro world, so I'm not sure how it's doing getting out there, but the coolest thing I've ever seen is the Clay Packy Xtylos. It was announced at LDI 2019, then the world shut down shortly after, so I doubt many of them got to go out on tour. Imagine a sharpie with the vivid color of an RGB laser... the light looks like it has a physical presence you could touch. @DELO72 was telling me about seeing it shot off the roof of a tall building at a parking garage some distance away. Xtylos is a BEAST that if it isn't up and coming will be soon.

And great time to pick to come back into the industry... :(

Last edited:
Returning to the craft, yes. Returning to work? Eh, it depends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back