Mixers/Consoles Behringer Xenyx XL1600

techietim

Hello fellow techies!

I am currently looking at purchasing the Behringer Xenyx XL1600 mixing console and thought I'd ask your opinions. :grin:
Product: Behringer Website

The mixer would be used by myself for various events including mainly touring applications and live events. Very few recording uses.
The type of events I do usually involve 2 main speakers, 1 or 2 monitor mixes and 1-6 SM58s, sometimes condensers and 1-3 D.I. boxes. :)

As I do a lot of these events for churches (meaning I don't get paid) then I will be paying for the mixer with my own cash. £329.00 ($499.49 at time of writing), which I don't think is to bad.

I've had my eyes on this mixer for a while and been looking at it repeatedly and it's reviews. It seems pretty good for what I am using it for but I'm wondering whether any of you have any comments ore reviews you could pass on? :D

You'd probably get a better deal in terms of sound quality and durability by looking for a used mixer from Soundcraft, Allen Heath, ect. While the behringer would likely work for you, you can do much better for less money by going used.

Also, as a rule of thumb I don't pay much attention to reviews on sweetwater or other online retailer's websites. Manufactures can plant fake reviews very easily, and even the legitimate ones may not tell the whole story. You did the right thing by coming here!

You'd probably get a better deal in terms of sound quality and durability by looking for a used mixer from Soundcraft, Allen Heath, ect. While the behringer would likely work for you, you can do much better for less money by going used.

Also, as a rule of thumb I don't pay much attention to reviews on sweetwater or other online retailer's websites. Manufactures can plant fake reviews very easily, and even the legitimate ones may not tell the whole story. You did the right thing by coming here!

Thanks for your comments Aman121! Much appreciated :)

I have supplied dozens of Behringer mixers with no problems, but I hear people say they are unreliable, certainly not my experience, on the other hand my experience with Mackie has been awful, it is the luck of the draw I guess, but 3 year warranty on new as opposed to none on s/h has to be considered.

I have supplied dozens of Behringer mixers with no problems, but I hear people say they are unreliable, certainly not my experience, on the other hand my experience with Mackie has been awful, it is the luck of the draw I guess, but 3 year warranty on new as opposed to none on s/h has to be considered.
Except that 3 year warranty excludes many of the parts likely to fail or be problematic such as connectors, meters, faders and essentially anything you physically operate (buttons, knobs, etc.). It's basically a typical one year warranty on those items.

Realistically, how you treat the mixer may have as much to do with durability and reliability as the mixer itself. Any mixer in a nice ATA case may last longer than the same mixer without any case, one always run off nice clean power may last longer than one often run off questionable power and so on.

Except that 3 year warranty excludes many of the parts likely to fail or be problematic such as connectors, meters, faders and essentially anything you physically operate (buttons, knobs, etc.). It's basically a typical one year warranty on those items.

Realistically, how you treat the mixer may have as much to do with durability and reliability as the mixer itself. Any mixer in a nice ATA case may last longer than the same mixer without any case, one always run off nice clean power may last longer than one often run off questionable power and so on.

Thanks to David, I would agree that I've never had a problem with Behringer mixers either.
However a thanks to museav also for bringing that to my attention! :grin: Totally agree that it would depenend mainly on the treatment of the mixer.

Looks like I will be getting this console!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back