Best LED wash fixtures for around $300

Black magic, voodoo filter? Not really, but the product works extremely well for LED units.

Figuring how much beam dispersion to add to achieve the beam dispersion desired is interesting. In less fancy terms, the resultant degree beam dispersion is the square root of (primary lens squared) plus (Luminit beam angle squared).

For Example- 25* beam spread plus 20* beam dispersion filter = (25* x 25* = 625) add (20* x 20* = 400) = 1025 square root = 32* beam dispersion.

...Figuring how much beam dispersion to add to achieve the beam dispersion desired is interesting. In less fancy terms, the resultant degree beam dispersion is the square root of (primary lens squared) plus (Luminit beam angle squared).

For Example- 25* beam spread plus 20* beam dispersion filter = (25* x 25* = 625) add (20* x 20* = 400) = 1025 square root = 32* beam dispersion.
As Squarecrow once said, "The square root of the hypotenuse is equal to the square root of the sum of the squares of the two opposite sides." If I only had a brain. ;)

No accounting for distance between, lenses Kelite?; as in the formula:
EFL= (f1*f2)/(f1+f2-d),
where
EFL=Effective Focal Length,
f1=Focal Length of Lens1,
f2=Focal Length of Lens2,
d=Distance between Lenses.

(See also Gullstrand's Equation.)

Thanks for all the advice. One thing I did want to comment on:

Only because they're what I have experience with, and I'm not sure they will meet your price point, used CK ColorBlast12 or Coemar ParLite. Or go the other route and buy ultra-cheap (Irradiant/Weidamark, etc.) and treat them as disposable.

We're a high school with a limited budget, we can't really afford to treat anything as disposable. Any units that we do buy we'll try to make last as long as possible and use them as well as we can. FWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back