Loudspeakers Biamping Yamaha S215C

felixm

I'm looking to biamp my Yamaha S215C speakers. I was at my friends club a week or so ago and heard his S115v tops that he has biamped and I could not believe the sound. They made my head hurt from the SPL. I know I can easily by pass the passive cross over which is what I was going to do tonight but when I opened the cab I noticed that there were three outputs on the cross over. There was the horn and an out put each for the 2 15in mids. Dose any one have any idea why this would be?

I'm not familiar with this particular model, maybe someone else will have a better answer, but I'd hazard a guess at some form of phase filtering - one cone puts out a slightly different set of frequencies, so that as they are leaving the speaker, similar frequencies don't overlap causing it to sound like crap.

Sharyn is likely right, it's just a wiring thing designed to make assembly at the plant easier. If the crossover can come off the line with leads for all the drivers right on it that makes one less thing for someone else to do down the line. ie you don't need a box of leads sitting next to the bloke who hooks the cones up, he can just grab and go right from the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back