Microphones Big Mic for a small Head

kokofi

Plain and simple question is if there is a better way to mic an actress with an E6 from country man, the problem is that the mic is already set to be a temple mount and the boom is going way to far down her cheek. For now what I've done is simply (and most likely inappropriately) snaked the mic down and put in a few odd turns, but not harsh enough to cause damage to the mic. But is there a more professional way to get the mic further up her cheek so that it will be positioned correctly without having to bend in odd angles to use up space?

And yes I have been perusing the other forums for miking advice, but this is rather specific and I am not able to find an article dealing with this scenario.

Give countryman a call. If you have the cash (and the actress will be around for more then a show or two) they can build ya a custom one. Otherwise, they might have some alternatives. Beyond that, having the mic come in a bit more "swooped" might be your best bet. I have never had an issue talking to countryman, they know their gear.

Where are you in Marietta?

Where are you in Marietta?

There are a couple of us in Marietta. Footer used to work with Pebblebrook. I work with Sprayberry. MuseAV is here. There are a couple of other lurkers as well. Ping us, we can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back