Brick Wall

Not the best picture (will get one under stage lights once i bother getting them off my camera), but this is how ours turned out!

I made a stamp out of sponges mounted on scrap luan that was 8 bricks on one row, 9 on the other, offset. Just distressed the sponges, stamped on the red and then sponged on the other darker and lighter layer.

Comments? I'd love to hear what you guys have to say. We just closed this past Saturday.

proxy.php

Has anyone had success with this seamless paper as a wall covering?

Brick Pattern Seamless Paper from Rose Brand

Our set is a two story "back wall" for Kiss Me, Kate, and we simply don't have the time to paint the entire set and make it look good enough. Since it's 84" wide i was thinking that this might be a better option, stapled to the flats.

Comments would be greatly appreciated! ;)
If you go with the base paint, 1/2" tape for grout lines then brick paint you will need to add texture to your base paint for the grout line. Sand and glue in the paint etc.. Then add texture to your brick paint, joint compund, saw dust, glue to hold it together etc. This is a slow way to do it, but cheap if you have the time. Vacuform are the best bricks.

Matthew

The scenic artist at the Kansas City Rep had some brick stencils made out of masonite, they were about 4' square. She would lay them down on the wall, painted the grout color, then fill the "brick" openings in the stencil with a thick stucco-type mixture. She would have 3 or 4 colors of the stucco and would mix them in each opening to vary the color of each brick. She would let it set up for a few minutes, then would remove the stencil. There would be a brick shaped mounds of the stucco about a 1/4" proud of the surface. She would then squish or remove some of the stucco before it set up to prevent uniformity. It always looked awesome.
Nick

Creating brick wall for photoshoot with temporary mortar

How can I create a "fake" mortar for a tempoary brick wall 24" x 96".
I need to create a brick wall that will be photographed for a set, then disassembled that day?
I experimented with sawdust and glue,... any other ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back