Buying Wireless Mics

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
So weve recently bought a new outside portable PA for one of our outside shows. We have no power and no means to get power out there. I bought a Pyle PPHP159WMU which has a really nice speaker and BT connection. The mics are not horrid but you pretty much have to stick them up to your mouth to make it work well.

That being said. Can I buy Wireless battery powered mics that can be "tuned" to the same VHF as what came with the unit and use them and have them sound well.

I know this is a get what you pay for situation and most likely a shot in the dark but I have to ask.

It might be possible. I'm not familiar with Pyle wireless, so I have no idea what frequency range they might be in. You need to know that first. Then research to find a better mic in the same range.

It seems it should work, but I've never tried something like this.

Best of luck and keep us informed.

Yeah I know the frequency. It has a sticker on the wireless mic.

Are there such handhelds or body packs thst can be tuned. I believe they are in the 200 MHz range.

Having a hell of a time googling anything it all just pops up with full sets.

For individual wireless components, it is best to know the part number of device you are looking for. The set carries a different number. Look on the manufacturer site to locate the desired transmitter part number, and you will have lots of hits. I'd probably call my favorite dealer on this one.

In my limited knowledge, I am suspicious about the ability to mix transmitter/receiver components from different manufacturers. I know in my case that is not possible, as there is some proprietary element preventing it. I'm curious to see the final answer in your situation.

The two mics that I have are 264.5 MHz and 261.5 MHz.

And yeah that's what I'm reading the there is chip specific parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back