Cable Bundling Suggestions

A similar question was asked recently at ProSoundWeb.com and one suggestion was the use of silicone Rescue Tape. No goo!
http://www.rescuetape.com/
The big box stores and Amazon carry it.

Are we seriously suggesting ZIP TIES!? .

Read the post. Only for a one-off for cables that go on a pipe or truss. The cable goes on, you zip tie it, cutting off excess if you want it to be pretty, then at strike, cut, cut, cut and off comes the cable. It really is easier then un-tying tie-line. It's also more expensive and is not recommended for bundles that need to be handled. And totally not green.

A similar question was asked recently at ProSoundWeb.com and one suggestion was the use of silicone Rescue Tape. No goo!
http://www.rescuetape.com/
The big box stores and Amazon carry it.

Anyone have experience with this or with any products like it? It seems mighty handy to have around, but I don't trust infomercials and their testimonial video was pretty laughable.

Anyone have experience with this or with any products like it? It seems mighty handy to have around, but I don't trust infomercials and their testimonial video was pretty laughable.

I use it regularly. Its great stuff. I use it often to fix cables that have molded connectors and need some TLC to get them through another couple of months before they get retired. The stuff seals around the cable and created a waterproof seal.

I have seen IP65 rated whips repaired with this stuff as well, it remains flexible and seals to itself.

I know somebody that keeps a roll in his sailboat and cars. It has saved him several times, when his diesel lines split and he was stranded on the sound he just wrapped some of the rescue tape around it and it got him into port.

I would NOT use it for cable wrapping. Too expensive, and as stated before why not friction tape?

Thank you for your suggestions. We move the show in a couple weeks and have had some success working on bundling. We couldn't manage everything but we have definitely simplified the process!
Circuit everything to the center of the pipe then run mults or cable looms either SL or SR off the pipe depending on where your dimmers need to be. It should work in both directions, no extra cable runs, no repatching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back