Chauvet 144 strip LED

Godd002

Hey,
We just got 5 chauvet 144s to help light our cyc. 5 is nowhere near what is needed but what i was allowed to get. so right now i have them spaced 3ft apart. my problem is there is a dark spot between them at this distance. In order to cover the space i would like on the cyc they need this spacing if possible. I tried to add R100 diffusion gel but didnt really help. I am going to try R113 which seems like it will have a wider dispersion but i am wondering if anyone else has an idea.

the other issue we have is the 3rd electric these are on is probably too far away from the cyc. I would say it is around 5-6 ft off. we tried to move them to a closer batten. the only one we could use was still a foot off and did skim down it better but we could not get that batten high enough to get it to spread well because there are legs on that batten.

anyway wondering if anyone has any other ideas?

thank you.

Try some of this stuff. http://luminitco.com/ They make these oddball diffusion products that are designed for LED products.

An option, assuming that you have people with enough experience to do it safely, could be to hang a couple of smaller pipes a few feet down from you batten to hang the legs from, so that you can get the batten with the LEDs higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back