Automated Fixtures Chauvet Intimidator 350 LED Help

igeek207

Hey I was wondering if we had any Chauvet repair gurus on here that could walk me through fixing some lights.

The furthest I have ever been in the lights is changing the LED module. I'm very eager to learn more about them though and dive deeper. I just need someone to take me under their wing.

We have four lights that are acting up and not sure how to fix them.

Light 1 - When you rotate the gobo too slow it stops completely. I tried manually turning the prism gear and it seems to get hung up at a certain point in doing so. Is there a fix for this or do I need to buy a completely new prism system?

Light 2 - You set a gobo and it seems to start stuttering and then makes it way to the next gobo in line. It will continue doing this making it's way through the different gobos and at times it has 1/2 of one gobo and 1/2 of another.

Light 3 - Lamp turns off intermittently. Replaced the LED chip and this is still happening.

Light 4 - When you turn it on and it goes into self test mode, it will pan one way and then when it pans all the way in the opposite direction it keeps trying to pan and instead starts making a stuttering noise and shaking. Eventually after about 30 seconds this behavior stops.

These lights have been used in a night club setting just about every Fri & Sat for about 4 hours for the last 5 years.

If this is too difficult to walk me through, perhaps someone may know of a shop that can fix Chauvet fixtures that is close to me. I'm in Maine.

Usually for any repairs we have to package up the lights and ship them to Chauvet in Florida. Was hoping to learn to fix them myself or find a repair shop closer to Maine.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Chauvet Professional is represented here on the LX forum by Ford Sellers (@Ford). Hopefully he sees your post and can offer some help.

In general the mechanical problems have mechanical sources - often sensors that index stuff that rotates. Hall Effect sensors are common so look for little magnets (or the spots where they used to be) around the edge of gobos and color/gobo wheels. Some fixtures use optical sensors that find notches or holes in the wheels (like 3.5" floppy discs) so see if there is gunk in notches/holes or blocking the photo-optics.

5 years sounds like you got your monies worth. I would replace them.

However in spirit of fixing them it sounds like you have a mixture of issues that could be solve by keeping the fixtures away from as much as possible. The hazer that you prolly have if it’s close to the two with gobo issues move it. Then clean them throughly.

The other two sound like a power issue. And even though you might of thought you fixed them plugging them back in to a bad/shared outlet isn’t good.

Light 4 sounds like a bad limit switch or positioning sensor that when it “homes” it has issue and gets mad til it finishes the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back