Chauvet Q-Spot 360

J.Ayers

Our theatre program has been given $3500 to purchase two moving lights. My vendor has suggested Chauvet Q-Spot 360. It looks like what we need but we're having trouble telling what the throw is going to be like from the cat walk where they'll need to go. It's about a 40' throw from the catwalk to the apron. Eventually we're going to purchase more and install those on the dead and 1st electrics. We've got to move a piece or two at a time.

If I may... I would recommend the Chauvet Rogue R1 Spot. It has more current technology (including an Iris which is lacking on the Q-Spot 360), and is a brighter fixture (quieter too). You should be able to get 2 fixtures for around $2400.00 +/-. The Rouge fixture at that trim should be about 440 lux / 40.9 fc (Calculated, not measured), the Q-Spot would be 185 lux / 17.1 fc.

Just a quick weigh in (I haven't seen either of those fixtures), but by Ben's calculation, that would be about half as a bright as a S4 26 degree, at that distance. Are those planning on competing with your general wash, or used for specific situations? You might need to find a closer position if you want them to really stand out.

Moving this thread so it is posted in the proper forum.

You have received good advice so far.

~Dave

I wouldn't go with the QSpot360 LED. I Work in an all led theatre with 4 Colorado Tri tours that was the stage and 3 lekos and even without the three lekos you barely see the Qspots light and our stage is only 25' away?

For Preshow light I have to project them on the ceiling doing a searchlight pattern and the ceiling is maybe 15' away from them and once the lights shoot past 15' you can see anything but very faint white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back