Chesapeake Bay Croquet Club, who knew?

BillESC

I was contacted by a local croquet club about providing sound for July 1 & 2 for a croquet festival. . . New one to me.

Site visit - Zones

Clubhouse - System brains. Digital access, etc.

8 Courts

16 Courts & Vendor area w/ summed band hookup.

Veranda and outdoors dining area.

4 zones, matrix control, + - 750' of trenching. Pulling two runs of 12/2 for the 70v system and audio cable and Cat6 for band and future enhancements. Clubhouse and local veranda/dining area cabling at 8 Ohm.

I'm enjoying my 50th year in business. Think of what I started with.

BTW, the new Bosch digital amp/mixer offering is simply the tits. Sorry girls but really.

Pictures when finished with phase one.

Last edited:
I did a tennis complex a few years back. All paging horns and a stack of boring atlas mixer-amps.
So your project sounds more fun and with higher quality output!

We've begrudgingly went kicking&screaming into Bosch products when the bought out EV
(I swear by their larger roto-hammers and their li-ion mini drivers but beyond EV haven't dabbled in any of their pro audio products.
Which mixer-amps are you recommending? -always looking for options other than the Q-Sys we use mostly now.

Just an aside but I assume this is sedate, old fashioned croquet. Heavens forfend if it were Extreme Croquet! Even more raucous if there were Morris dancers involved.*

*If you want to know how that could play out I suggest Donna Andrews (the author not the pro golfer) mystery novel "No Nest for the Wicket".

I did a tennis complex a few years back. All paging horns and a stack of boring atlas mixer-amps.
So your project sounds more fun and with higher quality output!

We've begrudgingly went kicking&screaming into Bosch products when the bought out EV
(I swear by their larger roto-hammers and their li-ion mini drivers but beyond EV haven't dabbled in any of their pro audio products.
Which mixer-amps are you recommending? -always looking for options other than the Q-Sys we use mostly now.
Craig,

We spec'd the Bosh IPX10:8 - 8 DSP X 1250w Amplifier with OMNEO/DANTE & FIR drive. Ships with a 32A powerCON connector.

Front end is even better.

Very slick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back