Christie Roadster option card failure

slimjim

We are having issues with one of our Christie 10k projectors.
Upon startup today it displayed the error:
Option card failed to initialize. I can't seem to find any info on it. Anyone have experience with this? The projector has been glitching out frequently but this is the first time it would not power up and display correctly. I'm beginning to think that this option card failure could be going bad. Thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure that your software on the projector is up to date. It looks like 2.4.1 is the most current version. Is this an option card that you use? If so, this is likely a problem with the main processing board (hopefully this is still under warranty). If you can live without that particular option card, you could remove it and this may help solve your problem. One other, more rare issue, is that the backplane has gone bad (where the option card connects).

How comfortable are you with opening up the projector?

What model specifically is it? Which option cards are installed, and which is displaying the error?

What do you mean by "glitching out"? That option card having issues? The projector crashing completely?

Also, connect to the projector with a computer, and go to the projector's IP Address/logs/messages.0 and email that to me (I'm PMing you my email address). That will show a log of most of the events happening with the projector and any errors it detects (specifically).

I'll have to check the exact model #. It's in the air currently so I can't connect it directly to a computer easily. It has been freaking out sporadically. We have checked all connections and can never seem to replicate the issue while troubleshooting but randomly, always during a show, it will start freaking out and flashing, scrambling the image, etc. I'm not sure if the problem is with the option card for the dvi we are using but I did get that error message.

I'll have to check the exact model #. It's in the air currently so I can't connect it directly to a computer easily. It has been freaking out sporadically. We have checked all connections and can never seem to replicate the issue while troubleshooting but randomly, always during a show, it will start freaking out and flashing, scrambling the image, etc. I'm not sure if the problem is with the option card for the dvi we are using but I did get that error message.

Hum, that could be option card or processor (well maybe backplane, but pretty unlikely as theres not much on the backplane to fail). Are you able to get to the projector? The computer connection is done via ethernet cable, so if you are able to get to it and plug in a 100' ethernet cable you can hook up a laptop somewhere more convenient (it would be best if you are able to leave a computer hooked up in show so you can view error messages via the internet browser thing (use IE and go to the projectors IP address).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back