Chroma-Q Color Force FX programming

jmowbray

Hey all I'm looking for any programmers that wouldn't mind sharing some custom FX they have wrote using these fixtures. I have a musical coming up in January and so far have only used the programmed fx in the Ion. I'm looking to do stuff like at 2:28 in this video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQgCWclkLy8
But any cool fx would be appreciated. I tried to create an fx using color pallets but it didn't work so if anyone has input on that it would be helpful. right now I have the lights patched so that they are broken up into the 12 individual cells per light so I have complete control. I also see that the lights have an fx mode but reading the manual I really dont understand it.

Thank you
Jared

Start here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1. Make sure the Pixel mapping software is installed. It's a separate package for the console.
  2. Patch a virtual media server and effect layer
  3. Define a pixel map for the cyc lights or whatever other fixtures you want to include. Patch by channel for easiest management.
  4. Set the intensity of the VMS. Set the crossfade of the server to -100. Set the width and height to suit, likely width=# of cells. If the fixtures have a physical intensity channel, set the channels to full.
  5. Set the intensity of the effect layer to full. Pick a start color (blue) and an end color (red). Set play mode to Loop Forward. Set Playback speed to 30 (arbitrary). Set Mixer mode to Hard Light. Select FIle FIP 12, 13, 14, or 15. If you pick a rectangular shape set the Z rotation to 45 (move in a V), rotation is not relevant for a circle shape. Set width and height to match the VMS.
  6. Season to taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back