Clear Com Sticker shock

GBtimex

Dear sound guys, audio engineers and AV techs,

I am working a show in Abu Dhabi and we are in dire need of some more Clear Com. We are currently using the 2 channel wireless Tempest Model. They work well enough but I require a few more now. The price for 6 new belt backs, 5 single muff head phones and 1 double muff + shipping was $13,702.

To me this sound unusually high. I could get my guys Iphones for less money and still have enough change left over to download every app for stage craft.

Am I getting hosed on this deal or is this just the nature of the best?

If any one knows a good distriburter WHO CAN SHIP TO THE UAE (this has been a huge problem for us out here) please let me know.

Depending on the Tempest version, 2.4GHz or 900MHz, the List price on the CB-222 (2.4GHz MasterBelt) is $2645.00 (US), the CP-222 (2.4GHz 2Ch Beltstation) lists for $1695.00.

Which model are you being quoted? This cost may not necessarily be out of line, especially if you factor in S&H is included in the quote (That is how I read your post...)

Are there other accessories included on the quote??

Doesn't sound all that out of line. I just quoted (and won the bid) a Telex wireless base station with 4 belt packs and head sets that came in at $ 7700 shipped within the lower 48.

I cant use wired in my space. We are not a proper theatre by any means and the park I work for (at this time) will not invest in that kind of upgrade. Thanks for the info. I had no idea they were so expensive. I will tell my group to go ahead with the bid. Thanks Audio boys and girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back