ClearCom through digital snake

Sayen

For an upcoming event a client is using a digital snake, a Network Sound Mamba snake, and I would like to run an old 3 wire one channel ClearCom through the snake. I'm roughly familiar with the pinout for the ClearCom (power, audio, common ground), but the snake is completely unfamiliar to me. I can guess why the system won't work, since I'm assuming the snake doesn't know what to do with that particular pin arrangement, but I'm wondering if there's a solution. I'm assuming we're not the first group to run into this problem? Is there a way to send the com channel, and then re-power it on the other side?

Yep, the power will try and fry the digital snake box.
Oh and there's a small issue that the audio will also be one way - digital will be an input OR an output, not a bus.

So you CAN make it work, but it will involve 4 wire adapters for each end, another power supply for the seocnd ring and the use of one channel each way in the digital snake's routing.
Basically, unless you are running LONG distances (like hundreds of metres on fibre), just tape a cable on like Footer said...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back