College Considerations

Junior year you take CAD drafting, and all of the designs (with the exeption of rigging plots) are in cad drawings.

Moving lights are not used. However, they are learned through experiance in real world situations. We get amazing summer work, and senior year you take an internship where in all likely hood, you will use them.

Josh

ah, I was under the impression that its only hand drafting, thanks.
what drafting program do you guys use?

Im not really sure actually, because they teach us junior year. However the industry standard for LDs is Vectorworks. I think they mey teach AutoCad though(due to the amount of set designers etc.)

Josh

The program has changed a little since you have graduated Josh. I am currently attending NCSA for Lighting. Freshmen year we have two terms of had drafting then I believe the third time is CAD. They haven't decided which CAD program we are going to use. There are courses in AutoCAD and VectorWorks for upperclassmen.

Steven B

SteveRB said:
The program has changed a little since you have graduated Josh. I am currently attending NCSA for Lighting. Freshmen year we have two terms of had drafting then I believe the third time is CAD. They haven't decided which CAD program we are going to use. There are courses in AutoCAD and VectorWorks for upperclassmen.

Steven B

I never went to NCSA. I am a freshman at Purchase....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back