Colortran info and parts

ohelloagain

I recently acquired this light and am looking for some info on it...I want to find a replacement lens but am not sure where to start
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently nobody has any real info, except possibly the same thought I had, that it's a late 60's, maybe early 70's vintage Colortran fresnel, missing it's lens.

I don't think you are going to find much info. especially on-line, as Colortran has gone through many corporate upheavals in the past 40 years with most catalogs are MIA.

I would measure the diameter of the ring that holds what looks like the mounting clips for a fresnel lens. If's it's 6", you could mount any lens.

Note that the socket with what appears to be an A lamp, is probably not original. I would guess that the unit had a medium pre-focus socket that used a 500 watt, T20 lamp

Would I put back a MPF socket and 500 watt lamp ? - No, The condition of the wiring is such that I'd be hesitant to use anything over about 100 watts in the fixture, noting that there is at least one wire with a ring terminal that is connected to nothing. It appears to be a green wire which would indicate the ground wire and should be attached to the fixture chassis.

What do you desire to do with this fixture ?.

Thank you! It was intended to be a gift for a friend who is graduating from film school. I was planning on rewiring (I noticed the ground to nothing yikes!) but found a century that had its lens and was a better size (this colortran is pretty large and takes a 8" lens) so now I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. It's a cool lookin light might just refinish for the heck of it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back