Conventional Fixtures Combining Fixture Addons

There are scrollers out there with color frames on them. This is usually put there to put some sort of color correction in. I don't think there is a scroller out there that can take the weight of an icue hanging on the front. I would also be a bit concerned with moving the mirror of the icue out the extra 2"-3". I think you would lose a lot of efficiency in the unit.

However, there is another option.... I would look into the Apollo Right Arm. It has an integrated scroller power supply and will give you a better look overall. It can be picked up for a just a little over the price of an icue and power supply.

I think that a Seachanger would be the only thing that would allow use of an I-Cue along with it, because it leaves the front of a fixture open. Other mixers and scrollers attach to the front of the fixture, making it impossible to use an I-Cue with it.

Bottom line, you really don't have any choice but the Seachanger, unless there's another similar scroller/mixer I'm overlooking.

EDIT: I didn't see the post about the extension bracket. Assuming that will work with most/all scrollers, that would be a really neat way to combine the scrollers and I-Cues at my school. Interesting.

So is there a scroller that would take a iCue on the front? I was looking at a seachanger nemo tungsten, but im looking for something a little cheaper in price. Suggestion

Just to clarify the Seachanger Nemo and Tungsten XG are two different fixtures. Make sure when you get pricing that you are getting the correct price for each fixture.

The Seachanger is the best option for this application. In my experience the scroller adds extra weight to the front end making refocus a fulltime job especially in a live environment, not to mention the maintenance and noise assiocated with the scroller. The Seachanger will balance the fixture so less time refocusing and more time designing.

The price is worth not having the aggravation of fan noise, fan failure, and replacing gels every 3-6 months.You get lots more flexiblity and reliabilty from the Seachanger.

Although I suggest trying both before making a decision.
Tom

There is an optional extension bracket available for the I-Cue, allowing a scroller to fit between the fixture and the I-Cue mirror. You can find it on-line in the I-Cue manual. I think the bracket costs about $25-30.

I've never actually used these, but they do exist.

I believe you'll probably need to pop an iris template into the gobo slot the narrow the beam down a fair bit, however... Otherwise it will overshoot the mirror, and you'll get spill everywhere.

The guy I rent from told me you could easily pop an I-Cue onto the front of a Forerunner. Her said it would work with 19 or 26 degree Source 4's.

The guy I rent from told me you could easily pop an I-Cue onto the front of a Forerunner. Her said it would work with 19 or 26 degree Source 4's.

I'd be a little leary of hanging an I-Cue on the front of any scroller... Forerunner, or otherwise... My Chroma-Q Plus come with Gel Clips on the front, but I've never put anything heavier than Diffusion in them...

An I-Cue weighs 3.5 lbs according to Rosco, I'd be worried about that myself... The clips on the front of most scrollers are simply screwed into the case plastic, and are likely not designed to hold load.

I also suspect that neither the scroller manufacturer or Rosco would be at fault in any way if either the Scroller or I-Cue suffered catastrophic failure. Raining busted bits of metal or plastic are still dangerous, even if the safety chain holds the bulk of the accessories in the air.

On page 15 of the I-Cue manual (http://www.rosco.com/includes/lightingequipment/PDFs/I-Cue_Manual.pdf) it shows you the extension bracket, as well at how to mount a scroller (Chroma-Q Broadway). You'll note, the scroller is mounted sideways.

I'd be a little leary of hanging an I-Cue on the front of any scroller... Forerunner, or otherwise... My Chroma-Q Plus come with Gel Clips on the front, but I've never put anything heavier than Diffusion in them...

An I-Cue weighs 3.5 lbs according to Rosco, I'd be worried about that myself... The clips on the front of most scrollers are simply screwed into the case plastic, and are likely not designed to hold load.

I also suspect that neither the scroller manufacturer or Rosco would be at fault in any way if either the Scroller or I-Cue suffered catastrophic failure. Raining busted bits of metal or plastic are still dangerous, even if the safety chain holds the bulk of the accessories in the air.

On page 15 of the I-Cue manual (http://www.rosco.com/includes/lightingequipment/PDFs/I-Cue_Manual.pdf) it shows you the extension bracket, as well at how to mount a scroller (Chroma-Q Broadway). You'll note, the scroller is mounted sideways.

It seems like that would be the easiest and cheapest solution to the issue, although if you can afford right arms and/or seachangers, that would obviously be better. We are actually in the process of purchasing the extension bracket. With a 19º fixture, its supposed to be fine.

It seems like that would be the easiest and cheapest solution to the issue, although if you can afford right arms and/or seachangers, that would obviously be better. We are actually in the process of purchasing the extension bracket. With a 19º fixture, its supposed to be fine.

Let me know how it goes!

With our 26 Degress SL's, we have to have Iris Templates in the gobo slot... And that's without Scrollers... So I'm curious about the 19's with an extra 6" or so of space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back