Combo saw blades

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
Blades like these:
ABB28ABF-D0AB-4C9B-9B9B-345C6638BDEF.jpeg

Do you use them? Do you like them? All the shops I’ve worked at usually use glue line or fine finish blades on their saws. Or if they don’t use those it’s just general contractor/framing blades.

It looks like a compromise blade. For my money I have a cross cut blade in my mitre saw and a ripping blade in my table saw. Slicing sheet (mostly MDF 3-12mm) I use a cordless saw because it is easy but have to use the standard blade for it as there are not many options.
I say right tool for the job applies here. Oh and I work in my shed at home building sets for community theatre.
Regards
Geoff

That is a combination blade is designed to rip or cross cut. A good blade for 90 percent of your table saw work. Diablo brand seems to hold up well.

In a general shop environment, especially if you don't have a stable work force or if you are using Students <high school or College> or Volunteers a Combo blade is the way to go. If you are working on lots of props/furniture, or specialty pieces, having specific Cross-cut and Rip blades and know when to use them is a must.

I'm a big fan of Diablo and agree with those above me. Combo blades are almost all we use since we have students in our shop. When we have a real woodworking project, we swap blades to get finer cuts. All tools have their uses but a hammer really sucks at being a wrench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back