Compulite export to ASCII [SOLVED]

ValR

Hi. I'm having a weird problem. The company/venue I work for upgraded it's consoles from Compulite to ETC ones. So I have to move some shows from old Compulite Spark 4D console to the new Eos line. I Imported 4D shows into a Vector console and everything is working fine. The shows can be run with some tweaking (movers repatched and so on). The console is outputting dmx on all used universes, the cues are there, all ok.
But I have to go a step further. Not by choice. The vectors are also old, and will be replaced with ETC controllers. (Love them, dont get me wrong).
In order to not spend countless hours reprogramming by scratch I use the export to ASCII function in the Vector. (latest available software build). Yes, I know I lose the movers info, and so on, but it still saves me a lot of time.
But, weirdly, for some shows the export does not work. For some, not for all. A window pops up and says it has "no channel data" to export.
But like I said, the shows/showfiles are working fine.
And I can't identify something different in the showfiles for which the export is working fine versus the showfiles for which the export does not work.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
I can't edit anymore so maybe a moderator/admin can add to the title [SOLVED].
Solved with the help/hint of compulite support, through e-mail.
For some weird reason when imported to Vector from 4D showfile, the channels are patched to a fixture "channel" ID3. When exporting the console looks for "factory" channels, does not find them and gives the error message . It has to be a "channel" ID1 or ID2.
Solution:
Patch manager. Delete all channels patched and repatch all with generic "channel LTP" ID2. By import device (from library.) Save the patch and you can export now.
Side notes:
1. Repatching all with the generic "channel" ID1 did not work/did not solve the problem, probably because it's the same name and there is some conflict there.
2. Deleting does not delete the cues info, like in ETC consoles. But you can check if you still have the cues after to be sure.
3. When you import to EOS you choose to have console library applied so it does not matter how the channel is defined in the imported file. (LTP or not)
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back