Control/Dimming Connecting to Element from Offline via Wifi.

Kicman

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to connect to an element through the offline editor via wifi. I've done it over LAN before but I could never get it to work over wireless.

Any help would be appreciated.
Kicman

Yes it is possible. I have had extremely limited success in wirelessly connecting to eos family consoles with the offline/nomad editor. In my experience the reason for this is because the console and editor talk back and fourth so much that there is not enough wireless bandwidth. I have gotten it to work but it was extremely laggy. Not use able for running a show but can be helpful. If you are wanting to use the wireless function for channel/dimmer check, I would suggest using the irfr or arfr, they work wonders for that and extremely less laggy in my experience.
You say that you have been able to connect to the element over LAN but not wifi. What troubleshooting steps have you taken and what equipment are you using?

Yes it is possible. I have had extremely limited success in wirelessly connecting to eos family consoles with the offline/nomad editor. In my experience the reason for this is because the console and editor talk back and fourth so much that there is not enough wireless bandwidth. I have gotten it to work but it was extremely laggy. Not use able for running a show but can be helpful. If you are wanting to use the wireless function for channel/dimmer check, I would suggest using the irfr or arfr, they work wonders for that and extremely less laggy in my experience.
You say that you have been able to connect to the element over LAN but not wifi. What troubleshooting steps have you taken and what equipment are you using?

Bandwidth shouldn't be an issue with a "n" or "ac" router. If it is then being wired won't help that much other than reducing the latency a little. That being said if it's show critical that they be connected then it should always be wired just for the extra reliability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back